As you’ll be aware we’re almost halfway through January already! If you had any new year’s resolutions, how are they going? If they’re already forgotten about, don’t worry! I believe that resolutions aren’t just for the new year, you can implement them into your life at any time of the year, it’s never too late to set yourself new goals and grow as a person.
One thing that I think is vital for anyone is self care. With the busyness and pressure of life, it’s important that we take time to think about ourselves once in a while. Here are a few ideas that I can give to you to improve your wellbeing and just make you feel better.
1. Pamper yourself – Fish out that bath bomb you’ve had stashed in the cupboard for weeks and gather up some of your favourite bath products. Put on some relaxing music, maybe add some candles and allow yourself the time to take a relaxing bath! Turn it into a pamper session if you like – find a face mask, do your nails! This is something fun and relaxing that you can do on your own to take your mind off things.
2. Read – Take some time to read, it’s totally up to you what you choose. A magazine, your favourite book, anything you like. This is a great way to distract you from anything happening in your own life and immerse yourself in another world. It is also a great way to focus and learn about the things you love whilst enjoying yourself at the same time!
3. Pictures of you and your loved ones – Find some pictures of your favourite days that you’ve spent with friends and family. Print them off and get creative! Fill the space around you with them and the good memories will lift your mood. I think that it is important to remind yourself of the people who love you and the fun times you’ve experienced together!
4. Go for a walk – Something that I find personally relaxing is to go for a walk surrounded by nature or along the beach if it is available to you. It’s a great opportunity to be very self-aware and listen to your surroundings. It allows time for self reflection and the appreciation of our surroundings.
5. Write/ fill out a gratitude journal – This is the perfect opportunity to really focus on the positive aspects of your life. By physically sitting down and thinking about what makes you happy and what you are grateful for, it allows you to focus on this and appreciate what you have more. There are so many beautifully designed gratitude journals out there or you could get creative and make your own!
6. Create a mood board or vision board – Have fun with it! Be creative- there are no limitations! Just whatever you love and find inspiration in, put together. Place it above your desk and let it inspire you!
7. Write down what you hope to achieve in the future – What do you want to be doing? Who do you want in it? This really allows you to focus on what you want in your life. You can make positive changes based on this and begin to mould the future that will make you a healthier and happier person.
8. Organise – Now this might just be me but I find organising so satisfying! Seeing the difference in mess and the items I can give to charity or friends and family makes me feel good! You could organise your wardrobe, drawers, cupboards… anything really. But personally, decluttering your belongings really does help to declutter your mind.
9. Bring nature into the home – Buy yourself some flowers or plants and decorate! I find that adding bright and colourful flowers always puts me in a positive mood. It reminds me of spring and summer and even makes the room look aesthetically better!
10. Exercise – I think out of everything on this list, this is the thing that makes the most difference to me personally. Exercise is just as important for your mind as your body. When I do any kind of exercise I never regret it, it always makes me feel so refreshed and positive – it makes you feel good!
If you have any more ideas or tips on how take care of yourself better then please let me know!